Where the Mountains meet the Sea – Tasmanian Mussels with Pepperberry dressing
Tasmania boasts some of the worlds most cleanest and pristine coastal waters, producing world renowned fresh seafood. Tasmanian mussels are rich in flavour, delicate in texture and highly nutritious.
1kg Live Tasmanian Mussels
50ml Pepperberry Syrup
20ml lemon juice
20ml olive oil
piece of cucumber
Handful of fresh chives
Few sprigs of coriander
- Half fill a saucepan with water and bring to boil.
- Drain and rinse mussels and add to boiling water.
- Cover with a lid and boil for 3 minutes.
- Stir and continue to boil until most mussels have opened and have pulled away from shell
- Remove opened mussels and allow unopened mussels to continue cooking until opened. These do not need to be thrown away as they will open eventually. They are just holding on tight!
- Remove mussel meat from shell and keep one half of shell.
- Mix mussel meat with Pepperberry Syrup, lemon juice and olive oil and sit to marinate.
- Finely chop the tomato, cucumber, capsicum, chives and coriander and mix in a bowl together
- Arrange the mussel shells on a plate and carefully place the mussel meat back on the shell.
- Place a bit of of the salad on each mussel
- Drizzle over the pepperberry marinade and sprinkle a bit of pepperberry & kunzea sea salt.